Monday, January 7, 2013

Silver Tea

Silver Tea - Hot Water with Milk

Growing up, I remember my parents drinking "Silver Tea".  Silver tea is hot water, less the tea bag.  If you add a little milk, it's a great hot drink.  Some may even choose to add sugar or honey.  My dad said that his ancestors drank it because they couldn't afford to drink tea all the time.  My mom said that her Scottish Grandmother passed along this tradition to her children. I enjoy it every now and then also.  And it's caffeine free.

Another way to enjoy hot water is with lemon.

It also reminds me of a saying my Grandmother used to say.  If we were questioning what we were going to have for a meal, she would always reply with, "Fried tea bags!".  I still use this saying.  Not sure where it originated, but it's always a good reply when you have no idea what you're going to have to eat.

Have a great day!

Angela G. Gentile


No comments: